Friday, October 12, 2007

What is Your Motive?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Leon is a friend of mine. And Leon asks me, "What is your motive for writin' homey? You gonna be a Microsoft MVP? You gonna be a Mobius? You gonna get you some awards, boy?"



My ladder goes no higher Leon. I just like to write. This blog is free and anyone can set one up.



"But y'all write for Aximsite and MobilitySite too. Whaddayawant, a medal?"



It's cool to have an audience. Although, I think my site was voted #7 in my own household, behind Disney.com, Webkinz.com, NickJr.com, and several others. But who's counting?


"You is makin' the big cash at those big fancy sites now, so you gonna stop writin' here for the small folk. I knows peeps like you."

Luckily I make a living at my real job so that I can have a fun hobby of writing. I appreciate the people like Chris of Aximsite who give people a chance to write, express their views and try new products. That's some cool stuff. But at the end of the day, I have to pay my bills with my real job. Leon, can you spot me a C-note until next week?

"Do you take checks? Right, right, I'm just kiddin' around! I ain't got no checks! But seriously, you expect me to believe you writin' out of the goodness of your heart?"

No. I get alot out of it. It's purely selfish. When I write, it's just me and a blank computer screen. I'm not thinking about anyone else. I'm not thinking about who I write for, what website it's going on, or what benefit the site owner is getting; I'm just creating. And if it works for the site owner and me, then everyone is happy. Either way, I'm just chillaxin'.

1 comment:

Peter Murphy said...

Wow all I can say Wow. I can just relate to that, my friends Josh and he calls me a geek and a loser, and I'm mentoring him. Makes me think of an old TV show "For love or money"