Saturday, October 13, 2007

Bluetooth for Blue-Hairs


My dad is 69 years old and a few months ago he saw me wearing my bluetooth headset. He says, "I can't stand those things. You never know who someone is talking to. They're for rude people."

I'm like, "Dad, first, it's the law in Chicago that you have to drive hands free, and second, these things are awesome, you should try one."

But he's old school, I mean he has an email account but he barely knows how to use it. He has me reply for him on important business matters. There is no way he's doing bluetooth. I can't believe he even has a computer!

So imagine my surprise when he shows up at my home for my daughter's 7th birthday a few days ago with a bluetooth headset and a brand new Motorola Razr that was about 1 mm thick! "Hey dad, are you getting a Corvette, too!"

Sure enough, he didn't know how to use it, let alone pair it. I paired it for him right away and next thing you know, he was loving his new toy. "I should've gotten one of these a long time ago, why didn't you tell me about them?"

"Dad, you were making fun of me for wearing it, don't you remember?"

"What are you talking about? I don't make fun of you."

Aaahhhhhhh. Selective memory.

Well, now that the people with blue hair have bluetooth, it's official. Bluetooth has permeated our society completely. Next.

No comments: